Join the UncommonX Team
Every day, our teams work together to provide uncommon managed security solutions, patented technology, and exceptional expertise to help organizations fight evolving global threats.
Our focus is delivering enterprise-class protection and efficiency to any size organization, and we’re seeking like-minded, talented people like you to help us do it better than anyone else.
We are dedicated to a core set of values that guides everything we do.
UncommonX is seeking a DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer to support our ever evolving technical stack and existing cloud infrastructure. As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for managing, creating, and improving our production infrastructure and development processes.
- 5+ years of system administration of Linux based servers, with strong, demonstrable troubleshooting skills in the space.
- AWS certification or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of creating or managing Kubernetes and Kubernetes deployments.
- 2+ years of experience and proven track record in continuous integration and continuous deployments strategies in private and public clouds.
- Proficiency with the following technologies/toolsets: Amazon's EKS, Kubernetes, Helm, Argo, Docker, Git, Python, Shell, and Ansible.
- Experience in managing automated workflows using Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab or other industry standard toolset.
- Experience with on-site storage solutions, Pure, Netapp or other enterprise SAN & ISCSI solutions.
- Familiar with but not limited to the following technologies/toolset: Terraform, ELK, Kafka, OpenStack, GitHub, Jenkins, AWX, and Nexus.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Must be a self-starter, ability to adapt to change and face challenges head-on with little guidance.
- Proven ability to self-learn with a dive in heads first approach and picking up new skills.
- Computer science fundamentals in cloud technologies, development lifecycle, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Good understanding of DevOps open-source technologies.
- Experience working with environments with a heavy security focus.
- OpenStack (or other cloud) Certification(s).
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Ability to support multiple cloud environments.
- Support and maintain the UncommonX production cloud platform, including processes and physical infrastructure.
- Work closely with existing internal engineering and operations to resolve complex technical challenges.
- Interpret, create, and maintain documentation on deployment processes and automation.
UncommonX Inc. in Chicago, IL seeks Cloud Platform Engineer. Ensure automation to architect solutions internally & for clients using OpenStack and Public Clouds (AWS and Azure). Work across engineering, professional services, and NOC (Network Operations Center) / SOC (Security Operations Center) to understand the business needs to design and build the enabling automated solutions. Responsible for Kubernetes (K8s) automation and testing for adopting industry leading process and technologies to improve the maintenance and deployment process from development to production environments across development teams, operation teams and our clients who trust us with their business.
Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and 3 years of experience in the job offered or a related systems engineering or dev-ops role. Must also possess: (i) working experience with: Kibana, Kafka, Kubernetes, GitHub, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Kops, Jira, and Confluence; (ii) experience with developing software solutions with Python, C#, PowerShell, Shell, Ruby, or Perl; (iii) experience with Cloud architecture technologies: AWS and Azure; and (iv) 2 years of experience building Kubernetes infrastructure resources in private and public clouds and leveraging infrastructure as Code technologies.