Last Updated: September 2, 2021
Your Consent to this Policy. By interacting with us either by using the Site or otherwise, you expressly consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information as described in this Policy.
Personal Data and Information We Collect. The types and categories of personal information we collect are as follows:
- Contact Information: your name, address (both billing and registered), email address, and phone number;
- Financial Information: credit card or other payment information;
- Geolocation Information: precise and/or approximate, if you permit the Site to access location services through the permission system used by your operating system or browser, we may also collect and store the precise location of your device when our application is running in the foreground or background of your device;
- Other Identifying Information: IP address, passwords and other security information for authentication and access, usernames, and cookie identifiers;
- Internet or other Electronic Activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within the Site, the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access the Site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Site. Note that much of this information may be aggregated and does not, by itself, identify a specific individual or entity;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed within the Site;
- Audio and visual information: your videos and photos that you have uploaded to the Site and call recordings when you call customer service; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior, etc.
Why We Collect Personal Information. We may use or may have used the personal information we have about you in the following ways:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Set up your account with us;
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track any of your requests or purchases;
- Communicate with you about your purchases;
- Manage our relationship with you efficiently.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information and demographic information to analyze preferences, trends and statistics in order to:
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- provide the products, information and services you request;
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to:
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- provide you with a personalized experience when you use our sites;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (but only with your permission);
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website: We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our sites;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of our sites;
- to improve our products and services;
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, audio and visual information (if any) and inferences to protect the Site, our company, and others, and to help prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Other Purposes: We may also use your information for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice or other agreement between UncommonX and you.
How We Collect Personal Information. We may collect or may have collected personal information about you from various sources.
- We collect information directly from you: We collect contact information, demographic information, financial information, location information, and other information you provide in communications with UncommonX.
- Through other technologies: We collect audio and visual information such as when you call our customer support.
- From our business partners and service providers: We may collect contact information, commercial information, and internet and electronic activity from demographic companies, analytics providers, advertising companies and networks, third-party retailers, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with.
- From our affiliates: We may obtain your contact information and other identifying information from affiliates that you have interacted with.
- From social media platforms: We may obtain your contact information and other identifying information from a social media platform or network if you interact with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or other social media platforms.
- We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies.
- Combining Information. We may combine information you give us online. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our business partners and service providers. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your user experience with us, to communicate with you directly about our products, services, and/or events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional and commercial purposes.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information. In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for such third-parties’ own marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Our Affiliates: We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with UncommonX.
- Our Service Providers. We share personal information with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processing services, data storage services, and web hosting services) or that help us market our products and services (such as third-party marketing companies). These third parties are required by contract to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to take commercially reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- Our Business Partners. Under some limited circumstances, we may share our mailing lists or other personal information collected through our sites with companies that are not our service providers and are not members of the UncommonX family of businesses. For example, we may share your contact or demographic information with business partners who offer special discounts to qualified customers. Before we share your personal information with our business partners, we will offer you the opportunity to choose whether to have your information shared and used in this way. If you do not want us to share your personal information with our business partners, you may "opt-out" at any time by sending an email or writing to us at the address below.
WE MAY ALSO SHARE INFORMATION:
- As Described in A Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as described in any privacy notice posted on the Web page (or area) where you provide that information. By providing your personal information on that Web page you will be consenting to the disclosure of your personal information as described in that privacy notice.
- As Described in A Click-Through Agreement. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as described in any click-through agreement (e.g., in the password-protected areas of our Site) to which you have agreed.
- Agreements Governing Your Use of Special Features and Password-Protected Areas of Our Site. Our sites include special features and password-protected areas. For example, you may need a username and password to access areas of our sites where you may purchase UncommonX products. When you sign up to use a special feature or password-protected area, you may be asked to agree to special terms governing your use of the special feature or password-protected area. In such cases, you will be asked to expressly consent to the special terms, for example, by checking a box or clicking on a button marked "I agree." This type of agreement is known as a "click-through" agreement. If any of the terms of the click-through agreement are different than the terms of this policy, the terms of the click-through agreement will supplement or amend this Policy, but only with respect to the matters governed by the "click-through agreement."
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. We use "cookies" and other Web technologies to collect information and support certain features of our sites. A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website. A session cookie expires immediately when you end your session. A persistent cookie stores information on the hard drive so when you end your session and return to the same website at a later date the cookie information is still available. For example, we may use these technologies to
- collect information about the ways visitors use our sites – which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- to manage and determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- to support and improve the quality of the features and functionality of our sites – for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits to our sites; and
- to personalize your experience when you use our site(s).
Generally, the information we collect using these Web technologies does not identify you personally. If, however, you have created a user identity, for example, by signing up to use a password-protected area on one of our sites, we may link the information we collect using Web technologies to other information that identifies you personally. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave a site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit our sites, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of our sites.
We use Google Analytics on the Site to collect usage data, to analyze how users use the Site and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Your Choices and Rights. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. In most cases, we will ask you to indicate your choices at the time we collect your personal information. We will also include an "opt-out" link in newsletter or promotional email we send you so that you can inform us that you do not wish to receive such communications from us in the future. If you have created an account or a personal profile on one of our sites, you may be able to update some or all of your privacy choices by changing the settings on your account settings or profile page.
Direct Marketing. Before we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes (or permit our affiliates to do so), we will offer you the opportunity to choose whether to have your information used in this way. If at any time you wish to be taken off our direct marketing mailing lists, please send an email or write to us at the address below. Please provide your full name, address and email address so that we can find you on our mailing lists. Once we have the information we need, we will remove you from our mailing lists. Please give us a reasonable amount of time to honor your request.
How Can You Access, Update or Correct Your Personal Information? If you wish to access, update or correct your personal information, please send an email or write to us at the address below. We will respond to you within a reasonable time and within the time limits established by applicable law. For your protection, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide access and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identity. Although generally we do not charge for these services, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to charge a reasonable fee as permitted by applicable law. We will notify you if a fee will apply in your case.
How Does UncommonX Protect Personal Information? We maintain commercially reasonable administrative, physical and technological security measures, to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, unauthorized use, and unauthorized or accidental destruction, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to or from the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
Password Protected Areas of This Site. For your protection, certain areas of the Site may be password protected. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords. We have the right to assume that anyone accessing the Site using a password assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities of anyone accessing the Site using a password assigned to you, even if the individual is not, in fact authorized by you. If you have reason to believe that your password has been compromised or used without authorization, you must promptly change it using the functionality provided on the Site.
Children’s Personal Information. Our Site is not directed nor targeted to children under the age of 13. We do not use our Site to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide us with any personal information. If we learn that someone under 13 has provided personally identifiable information through one of our sites, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), California residents have certain rights regarding the personal information that businesses have about them. This includes the right to notice, access and/or deletion of your personal information, as well as the right to direct a business to stop selling your personal information.
- Right to Notice. You have the right to be properly notified of the following:
- Right to Notice. You have the right to be properly notified of the following:
- Right to Access Your Information: You have the right to request the following covering the 12 months immediately preceding your request:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information
- The purpose for collecting or selling the personal information
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you, the purpose for disclosing such personal information and the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed such personal information
- The categories of personal information that we have sold about you, as well as the categories of third parties to whom we sold such personal information
Please note that we may still use aggregated and de-identified personal information that does not identify you or any individual.
- Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected from you. Please note that there are exceptions where we do not have to fulfill a request to delete information, such as when the deletion of information would create problems with the completion of a transaction or compliance with a legal obligation.
How to Exercise Your Access and Delete Rights: To exercise your access and delete rights as described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by calling us at 1-866-405-9156 or by emailing us from our Contact Us page.
Verifiable Consumer Requests: Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access to your personal information twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: 1) Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative of that person; and 2) Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request to exercise your access and/or deletion rights if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password-protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format: We attempt to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days after we receive it. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing within 45 days after we receive your initial request. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period immediately preceding the date we receive the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also provide the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For access requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale: While we do not sell personal information in exchange for any monetary consideration, we do share personal information for other benefits that could be deemed a "sale," as defined by the CCPA (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.140(t)(1)). We support the CCPA and wish to provide you with control over how your personal information is collected and shared. If you would like to exercise your right to request opt-out of sale, please submit a request using this link: Contact Us.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you (e.g., through denying goods or services, or providing a different level or quality of goods or services) for exercising any of the California rights afforded to you.
Financial Incentives. We may offer financial incentives, such as providing you discounts to sign up for our mailing list. You may withdraw from these financial incentives at any time by contacting us at 866-405-9156 or Contact Us. The value of your personal information is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated the value of the incentive by using the expense related to the offer.
Complaints. In compliance with the CCPA, we commit to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. We ask that you kindly contact us at 866-405-9156 or Contact Us. so that we have an opportunity to resolve your complaint.
Do Not Track. Some internet browsers – like Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari – include the ability to transmit "Do Not Track" or "DNT" signals. Since uniform signals have not been adopted, we do not current process or respond to "Do Not Track" or "DNT" signals.
California’s Shine the Light law. California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, you can email us from our Contact Us page.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER PRIVACY. UncommonX is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, then please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Site, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction I which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you are located, reside, and/or are a citizen.
Updating or Amending Your Information. You may update, amend, or otherwise change the information that UncommonX retains about you at any time by logging into your account and vising the settings page or by contacting our customer support team and/or data privacy officer.
Updates to this Policy. This Policy may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. You should review this Policy periodically so that you keep up to date on our most current policies and practices. We will post a prominent notice on the Site to notify you of any significant changes to our privacy practices and indicate at the top of the Statement when it was last updated. Continued use of our Site after any update shall constitute your agreement to the new Statement.
Questions Concerning Our Privacy Practices. If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please Contact Us and write "Privacy" in the subject line or write to our data privacy officer at:
- Data Privacy
- UncommonX, Inc.
- 640 N LaSalle St, Suite 650
- Chicago, IL 60654